Here are the key components of Greenplum Database, which are open to the community for contribution.
If you have any new requests or new ideas on the open-source project, reach out to us on GitHub!
gpbackup & gprestore
They are Greenplum Database Backup and Restore utilities. Includes a pluggable storage API, and plugins such as the gpbackup_s3_plugin which allows for Greenplum Database to be backed up and restored from s3 compatible file systems.
How to Contribute to Our Projects
We welcome developers to contribute to the Greenplum Database code base. To get started, here are some items you can check out:
- Read Code of Conduct. We expect this code of conduct to be honored by everyone who participates in the Greenplum Database community formally or informally, or claims any affiliation with the project, in any activities and especially when representing the Greenplum Database project, in any role.
- Sign our Contributor License Agreement in Github
- Start from issues with ‘help wanted’ label in code base
- Contact Greenplum Security Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to report a security vulnerability
- Learn more about the code of Greenplum in this wiki