We have recently released Greenplum 5.9.0. The release has a good number of exciting features, including:
- A new utility, gpcopy, for high-speed network transfer of data between Greenplum clusters
- A Storage Plugin for Data Domain Boost in gpbackup
- PL/Container role-based resource management integration with Resource Groups
- Reserve CPU Cores for a Resource Group to pin low latency and transactional workloads to specific CPU cores
- Real-time metrics emission for Greenplum Visual Query Plan display in Greenplum Command Center (GPCC) 4.2.0
This is very impressive for a minor release and an indicator of the magnitude of the Greenplum user value creation. This is possible thanks to Pivotal’s agile development methodologies and a close collaboration with the PostgreSQL community.
For more information: