Deletes a Greenplum Database system that was initialized using gpinitsystem.
gpdeletesystem -d master_data_directory [-B parallel_processes] [-f] [-l logfile_directory] [-D] gpdeletesystem -? gpdeletesystem -v
The gpdeletesystem utility will perform the following actions:
- Stop all postgres processes (the segment instances and master instance).
- Deletes all data directories.
Before running gpdeletesystem:
- Move any backup files out of the master and segment data directories.
- Make sure that Greenplum Database is running.
- If you are currently in a segment data directory, change directory to another location. The utility fails with an error when run from within a segment data directory.
This utility will not uninstall the Greenplum Database software.
- -d data_directory
- Specifies the master host data directory. If this option is not specified, the setting for the environment variable MASTER_DATA_DIRECTORY is used. If data_directory cannot be determined, the utility returns an error.
- -B parallel_processes
- The number of segments to delete in parallel. If not specified, the utility will start up to 60 parallel processes depending on how many segment instances it needs to delete.
- -f (force)
- Force a delete even if backup files are found in the data directories. The default is to not delete Greenplum Database instances if backup files are present.
- -l logfile_directory
- The directory to write the log file. Defaults to ~/gpAdminLogs.
- -D (debug)
- Sets logging level to debug.
- -? (help)
- Displays the online help.
- -v (show utility version)
- Displays the version, status, last updated date, and check sum of this utility.
Delete a Greenplum Database system:
gpdeletesystem -d /gpdata/gp-1
Delete a Greenplum Database system even if backup files are present:
gpdeletesystem -d /gpdata/gp-1 -f